Did you know that September is Self Improvement Month? Well, if you didn’t, don’t worry, you still have 3 days to get on the ball and start improving yourself! Here’s my list of 10 fail-proof action items for self-improvement that you can accomplish today, right now. Seriously, this might just be my best creating exercise ever!
- Forgive yourself… Right now, say it out loud, “(state your name), I forgive you!”
- Forgive others… Same thing, say it out loud, “(the name of the person you need to forgive), I forgive you!”
- Let go of anger, fear, regret and worry. None of these things serve you. Some things truly are beyond your control. It’s time to start using the energy tied up in these useless activities for a greater good.
- Acknowledge that you have strength and limits, and just to be clear, that is not limitless strength. It’s okay to feel sad, angry, or frustrated. No one expects you to be a superhero except maybe you. Be present with your feelings as they come. Be mindful of their power over you and others. Observe them from a safe place. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Give yourself a hug. Go ahead, really, do it. You are worthy of great love.
- Let yourself smile. Let that smile grow into a giggle. Let that giggle grow into a laugh. Laughter heals.
- Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Hold it and release. Repeat 3 times.
- Blow a kiss to someone you miss.
- Call someone you love and tell him or her that you love him or her. This one is win-win. Chances are that person wants to hear what you have to say just as badly as you want to say it. If they don’t pick up the phone, be sure to leave it as a message. No better time than the present to tell someone you love them.
- Know that you are perfect just the way you are right now.
Great job! You look 10 years younger and you feel 10 pounds lighter. Awesome, isn’t it?
Your Creativity Coach,
Bonnie Kelso is the creator of The ABCs of Conscious Creating. She uses energy healing and creating exercises to connect people to their higher “creative” selves. For more information about her services read about her ACCESS! program or to schedule a consultation please contact her at email@example.com. Are you ready to vitalize your creative life?